Privacy & Terms
If you wish to view, amend, or request the deletion of any personal information we hold on you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We endeavour to respond to all such enquiries within 1 month of receipt.
We collect personally-identifiable information from Site Users when they:
- Place an order
- Submit a form
- Register an account
The information we collect includes:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Credit / debit card information
We only collect this information from Users when they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, although it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities on our Site – for example, you may not make a purchase or use our Contact Form without submitting your personal information to 50cal Detailing. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information.
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
How we use your personal information
- The information you submit when making a purchase will be used for the sole purpose of processing and fulfilling your order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to perform our service as a business.
- The information you submit when registering a user account will be used for account administration purposes, as well as for the fulfilment of any orders you place while logged in. Please note that you do not need to register an account in order to place orders.
- Any information you submit via our contact form will be used for the sole purpose of processing and responding to your enquiry.
When you submit your personal information to 50cal Detailing, you will have the option to subscribe to our newsletter. Once subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe at any time. Subscribers’ details will not be shared with any unaffiliated third parties, and we will only send you correspondence that is relevant to 50cal Detailing.
Other information we collect
We use Google Analytics to monitor our website traffic and user engagement. This tool does not collect personally-identifiable information like your name or address; instead, it provides us with aggregated data that we use to measure and improve our site’s performance.
If you would prefer to be excluded from this aggregated data, you can opt out of Google Analytics by installing this browser add-on.
Web browser cookies
What are browser cookies?
They are very small text files that are created by a website through a browser on your computer. They are used to help you navigate a website, identify preferences and perform specific functions, for example, you input a room’s dimensions into a text box on a website and the website then automatically calculates the materials required for each product page that you visit on that website.
How we use Browser Cookies
- Anonymously tracking page visits, hits, search terms, visitor locations etc. for statistical purposes, which help us to improve our services. We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about use of the website, examples of this statistical information would be how many visitors from United Kingdom we have had, how many visitors used Internet Explorer as a browser, how many pages were visited today, what words visitors search for to find our website etc.
- Improving security on the website to prevent fraudulent activity and protect your personal information
- Identifying visitors for login purposes. This ensure that you stay logged in on each page you visit, allows your browser to remember your login credentials, allows us to make recommendations based on your preferences or settings
- Storing an anonymous reference to your shopping basket
- Storing an anonymous reference to information you enter into the website e.g. to track popular search terms
Cookie control via your browser
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL-secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website\’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.